Sunday, 21 September 2008

The wonders of ModelMayhem + Santana Row security watch

I have made a new discovery thanks to Lara-Jade who brought it to my attention - ModelMayhem! For those not in the know it's a networking site for models, photographers, make-up artists, hair stylists etc. Brilliant!! And it works! At least the experience I've had with it.

A few weeks ago I had some meetings in California and I was staying over the weekend. And as all my American colleagues were off doing interesting things due to labour day (why don't we have that in the UK? Any reason to have a day off.....) I wanted to take the opportunity to do some photo shoots. I don't know any models in California, but after a simple bulletin through ModelMayhem I had 15 models to choose from! Nice! I ended up shooting the lovely Amber, who also through this site had sorted a hair stylist and make-up artist for the day (Amberlee and Trudy). So full team for the day - yay for web 2.0!

We were shooting on Santana Row (probably the only cool place near San Jose). Challenge: You are not allowed to shoot on the street without a license (which costs much more money than I had). So using our best creativity, security watch skills and "oh, we're sorry, we didn't know we couldn't shoot here"-skills we managed to get some great results! Although I got caught by security  three times that day..... oh well........   Great team though, would happily work with all again when I'm next over. I feel so international...... lol

Been waiting for so long
Thumbs up to Amber for pulling off this pose! 

All final images from shoot on my Flickr.

2 comments:

michalgarcia.com said...

Hey Cecile, I was searching for blogs about model mayhem and came by this post. Excellent work! Hooray for web 2.0!
Michal

agenzie hostess said...

Your blog is a work of fashion!! All Outfits are perfect! Thanks very much for sharing this article with us.