Thursday, 18 December 2008

A saving angel and snow

Life lately has been a bit crazy and bizarre. So much has been going on in the run up to xmas, and I have a feeling 2009 will be amazingly busy and bring something new.

A couple of weeks ago I did my last shoot for my "Losing you" project. I had another case of a no-show model and needed to book a new model just a day before! No show models annoy me so badly and I think it's pretty disrespectful to a photographer and make-up artist who have spent time planning a shoot, bought props, spent time to find locations etc. There should be a black list somewhere! I honestly didn't think it would happen, and if it wasn't for my friend model Sarah Beake who is Miss organisation and contacts, I wouldn't have been able to carry on with the planned shoot. I had been planning it for ages with make-up artist Deborah Lawson, who I was really looking forward to working with, as she is both talented and lovely. She had found this amazing site up north we had planned to use, as long as it didn't rain, and I just didn't want to miss out on working with Deborah and shooting at such a wonderful location. As by a miracle Sarah got me in touch with model Sarah Martin, a Manchester based model, and trusting that she would be wonderful I booked her without even having seen her pictures! It's not something I've done before, but when Sarah says someone will be awesome, they will be awesome.

And as I showed up at Deborah's next day I was right not to worry as Sarah was absolutely wonderful, and reminded me slightly of Liv Tyler. What a saving angel to turn up at such short notice - I was all smiles all day! Except at the end of the shoot when we were all soooooo cold and had to go into the car to warm up. There was snow!

The site was amazing with hills and deserted cottages and we shot till the sun went down. Sarah did a great job in giving me lots of emotion and expression, even though her only brief and preparation time was to listen to "Losing You" at the back of my car on our way to location. I think for the first time ever I included a tree in a photograph haha. It just had to be done as it really fitted into the story of tragic love.

I can’t make it on my own

All pictures from shoot can be viewed here.

2 comments:

ConorwithoneN said...

Such a shame to hear about the no-show. Well done for pulling it all together though.

rduht said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.