Sunday, 29 March 2009

Shipwrecked hunk following my directions. Yes, please!

Don't you just love it when a model says "do what you want with me, I'm up for anything"!? I know I do!

Has anyone starting to notice a slightly new trend on my portfolio yet? Yes? Hot guys! Yes.... I think I'm liking this. I tend to shoot women as I love it and it inspires me. There are so many things you can do with a female model, and it's turned into a bit of a comfort zone for me. So one of my goals for this year was to master the art of photographing guys as well. I was really pleased when getting in touch with hot model and ex Shipwrecked hunk Rowan Bailey, and thought he'd be a great start to getting some great male model shots!

One thing I wanted to mention was that I've always had slight pre-conceptions of guys that look that good. I'm thinking they must be either arrogant, up themselves, lazy or lack a brain. Rowan is none of those things, and helped me realise that I shouldn't judge people by their cover. He came prepared, he was creative, passionate, open-minded, sweet and really down to earth. Quite inspiring to see someone being really passionate about what they want to do and be driven. I can relate to that, and I get inspired by people who are goal orientated and know what they want to achieve.

I also invited Elisabeth Rider, who I have worked with previously, to work with us on the day (there was make-up and oiling of body to do... hard job, but someone has to do it... haha :). With Rowan so open to try out any idea we threw at him, we had such a blast. Such a great team of people to work with, which really make a shoot day so much more enjoyable.

Given free range to try anything.... I did! I think I might have blind folded him. For selfish reasons really. ha!

Can wait to add the results on my portfolio.......... See pictures on my Flickr site.

Rowan Bailey

No comments: