Tuesday, 4 August 2009

Hot dogs, sun and a muse

How shit has the weather been lately? Where has the summer gone? It's impossible to plan an outdoor shoot and feel safe it won't rain, yet alone a beach shoot. I was so determined to do a beach shoot this year (you have to during the summer really don't you) so had been crossing all fingers and toes for days hoping I was going to be lucky for the day I had my beach shoot with Chloe Tweedie booked. It rained all week, but when the weekend came we actually got a really lovely day, wohoo!

My fellow photographer Adams Robinson claims to have muses. I thought this sounded quite cool and movie like, and thought I'd want some of my own haha. After my shoot with Chloe I think I might have found my muse! Outside of her obvious beauty, she's the most versatile model I've worked with. We covered fashion, commercial and slight glamour, and she delivered everything I wanted and more for all. She was also absolutely lovely. So I got such a variety of images, and was super pleased! My friend Christine D, came along on very short notice to help out with make up and did an amazing job. I love dark eyes, and we went for quite dramatic make-up to give the shoot a bit more of an edge.

West Wittering beach is an amazing location and I'd recommend it to shoot at. Just contact the peeps who manage this private beach before you plan to do a shoot there. They were very lovely. I had shot at this location before, doing a quite commercial looking shoot, so I wanted to capture more fashion images as well as some shots in a more glamour direction as it's something I didn't have on my portfolio for a beach shoot already.

Sand everywhere. Getting a tan whilst you shoot. Beach hot dogs. Nice, warm seawater. Nice company. Great model. Great picture results. You can't really complain :)

Chloe Tweedie

No comments: