Saturday, 29 August 2009

Pealing walls, brie on bread and a naked chick

I've wanted to do an art nude shoot for a while. It was one of those things on my list of things to try, but I just hadn't gotten around to it. So it was only when I started talking to the awesome Adam Robertson that the perfect opportunity emerged.

We thought it would be a good idea to collaborate on a shoot! Learn from each other, share ideas, get inspired by seeing how another photographers works - it all sounded good to me. So many photographers seem scared of working or sharing with others, not sure what you guys think about this but would be interesting to know? This experience to me was definitely beneficial. I learned loads, it got me out of my comfort zone and I had a fun day in general. I'd definitely collaborate with other photographers again. Great way to get inspired!

We had booked awesome model Elizabeth Trump for the day, which we were both very exciting to be working with. She has that sophisticated, sexy look of a french actress and is absolutely beautiful. She's edgy, but at the same time timeless. And was also a really lovely girl, which always helps!

I've wanted to stay away from going all glamour. I don't mind nudity, but there is a fine line between art and sleesy. I wanted to make sure that anything topless or nude I did was done with my own twist and came out beautiful. Adam has done a lot of art nude, so was great to have him on hand for any guidance. Was such a fun day, and I felt totally comfortable with everything as both Elizabeth and Adam were amazing. I managed to capture Elizabeth exactly how I had hoped and was so happy with the results.

The location we shot at was amazing. Just about to being torn down it was full of asbestos, dripping ceilings and paint pealing off the walls. Love that stuff! There is beauty in everything....... you just need to see it.

We ended the day with brie on bread. Random, but true. Yum!!

A challenge I hadn't thought of is "how do you show off your topless shots with all the rules and restrictions around on the www"? Flickr set my account to unsafe! But managed to get it sorted after flagging the relevant images appropriately. Personally I think the body is a beautiful thing and if captured correctly can make some fantastic images.

Not sure what the rules are on blog, so including one of my safe images, but there are a few more on my Flickr. I'm starting to add up a few less images around the www as hopefully I'll start to be able to sell some now that I've got a few more things going on, yay! Still sharing a couple of images from a lot of the shoots I do though, as it's always great to share and get feedback. :)

Elizabeth Trump

4 comments:

Jay McLaughlin said...

Collaboration is where it's at!!!! :)

Steve Hayward said...

such a great post - I would love to collaborate with another photographer, it's a great idea. Not only for the experience of working alongside another but also for splitting the cost, which brings better models within the reach of us regular mortals. Great work. :¬)

Cecilie Harris said...

aww thanks Steve! It always catches me a little off guard when someone actually reads my posts. Who knows with blogs if you're just rambling on to yourself lol. I will definitely be collaborating with others again!

Jay, good luck with your red eye shoot tomorrow!

DwikoArie said...

Love the blog. I've added it to my blog roll