Tuesday, 22 September 2009

A boy and a woman at the location of dreams

I recently had the pleasure of working with two wonderful models in a wonderful location with a wonderful make-up artist, stylist and assistant. It was a bit like Christmas and birthday at the same time for a photographer!

The shoot was for my "Look but don't touch" project, and I wanted to capture a "young boy, older women" theme, as I thought this would be really interesting to capture. The location was the location of dreams for a photographer, Lordship Park. I saw the pictures of this place and just fell in love with it.

Simon Jennings is 17 and definitely one of those up and coming models that I'm sure will achieve great things due to his natural talent and passion for modeling. As the theme for this shoot was a bit of a Mrs Robinson theme he was the perfect male model for the shoot. His passion for the shoot really helped make this a good one, and he already modeled like a pro. I was impressed by his level of commitment and skill. Not only was his looks perfect for the idea, but his posing, understanding of what I was trying to achieve and how the hair & make-up as well as wardrobe all contribute to the final image result was all in place. Accompanied by a great attitude and sweetness, he was wonderful to work with.

Deborah Ann Gaetano is a highly experienced model, and had the perfect look for the shoot. She's a classic, sophisticated beauty and knows how to work any situation. She perfectly embraced the idea we were shooting and worked to perfection with Simon. It made it so much easier for me to capture and the shoot flowed incredibly nicely. She is just a joy in general and brought a relaxed and light heartet atmosphere, which helped make this one of the funnest shoot days ever.

In addition I had the wonderful Sandra Bermingham who I could not have lived without on the day. I'm pretty sure she can read my mind when it comes to a brief. It was one of those really hectic days, where we were doing a whole load of shoots, and she perfectly gave me the looks I had in mind for each different scenario (for one of the later shoots with Deborah I think I gave her a one word brief, and I got some amazing stuff so wahey!). I normally have a full day to focus on a shoot, so to work with such fast past, with multiple models, was a new and great experience. You need good make-up artists that you trust for days like that! Simon also got the wonderful Ihunna (Stylist) involved to help us with wardrobe, who brought some amazing stuff! She also totally understood what I was going for and brought things I hadn't even thought of, which made such a big difference to the result. Also, if I hadn't been so lucky to have an assistant this day, I don't think I would have managed! Nick Tucker had kindly agreed to assist, and his help was absolutely invaluable. I didn't realise how much of a difference it would make on such a busy day, but definitely lesson learned for me.

Had so much fun at this shoot, and such a lovely team. In the process of editing the images at the moment, which is coming out how I had in my mind, so excited to keep editing and see this story unfold in images. Thanks so much to everyone involved, you were amazing :)

Simon & Deborah

Simon & Deborah

Simon & Deborah

2 comments:

DwikoArie said...

I know how you feel when you finally created something you had in mind for a long time...

Great shoot Cecilie. Man, I wish I could have been involved. Hopefully on your next one? :)

Karen Engel Photography said...

Fabulous location... and your work is impressive - I'm a fan now! :-)