Saturday, 9 January 2010

Legally Blonde the Musical - snaps from me!

I just came back after watching Legally Blonde the Musical. OMG it was like totally awesome!

That's one of my New Year Resolutions ticked off my list already! One down, 23 to go. Wohoo! For those that thought I was being a bit too optimistic when setting myself 24 resolutions, get ready to eat your own words haha (erm... maybe......)

The Legally Blonde movie is one of my favorite movies ever, as it just puts me in a happy mood, so I was really excited to see the musical. I haven't been to see a musical forever actually, which is one of the things I promised myself when I moved back to London last January. Slap on own hand....

Sheridan Smirth did an amazing job as Elle Woods, and Duncan James was well suited to the role of Warner Huntington. Snaps to both of them. The show was as "good feel" as the movie, great energy and performances from the cast and I love how they kept it close to the movie yet at the same time had their own little quirky version of some of the scenes. Nice!



Yep, really enjoyed my musical experience and would definitely recommend it. What other musicals in London should I go see?

PS. Whoever said orange was the new pink was seriously disturbed...

9 comments:

katedaragh said...

sounds like fun!!

Anette said...

Great pic! Musicals is so much fun! I saw the one were Christian Ingebrigtsen played. That was so great. And we had another one in Oslo, who appiled to Queen. That was so brilliant :)

Cecilie Harris said...

Would have loved to see the one Christian played in Anette, I'm sure that was a great one :)

Laura-may said...

Priscilla is meant to be excellent hun. Besides the donovan eye candy, it's supposed to be another brilliant film representation! If you want something immense, go for the lion king :) x

Cecilie Harris said...

I've seen Lion King about 3 times. Love it! (obviously) Haven't seen Priscilla and heard someone else say some great things about it too, so will definitely have to go catch that one :)

Amy McLean said...

I'd love to see this! I love Sheridan! x

a1girl44 said...

Sister Act is fantastic too - saw it in Sept. Another 'feel good' musical you won't recognise any of the songs from the movie as all originals. All the songs have a 60s/70s feel. I loved it should try it.

Mate also raves about Wicked and Phantom of Opera but I have never seen them. :0)

Cecilie Harris said...

I've heard some good things about Wicked and Sister Act as well, so there's a another two to be added to my list!

Jessica Williamsen said...

I saw Wicked yesterday and it was AMAZING! If you ever have the chance, I recommend it :)