Sunday, 24 January 2010

When we're winning....

I do like blogging. It's super fun. And after the weekend I've had I feel I must share a few things. Prepare for a bit of an a1 overdose again for those that can handle it :)

So I spent this weekend in Skien where the semi finale of the Norwegian Melodi Grand Prix was being held. A1 took part with their song "Don't Wanna Lose You Again", and went through to the Norwegian finale on the 6th of February in Oslo. Wohoo number one! Was such a rush to see the boys go through and I couldn't be more proud. Ben didn't really want to go to Frockenburg....... :).

And not only am I very excited to see how it goes in the finale on the 6th, the song is currently number 1 on iTunes in Norway! Wohoo number two!

I know I've got quite a few a1 supporters reading this blog, and it's so great to see that all of your wonderful support is helping, and more people actually get to hear what a1 are all about today. For me I think their music has matured into something really exciting, and it's so great to see that other people like it and voted the guys through yesterday. It's like the music matured with the guys. Couldn't be more excited at the moment. I also learned a really interesting (or weird?) fact about Christian: he eats icecream no matter the weather. Is eating icecream in the snow a bit odd, or just genius and why aren't we all doing it?!

Also, walking around the MGP area with a backstage pass made me feel quite important of course. It didn't have one of those AAA (Access All Areas) things on it, which I've tested by the way and never works! If it's access all areas, and it's only really giving you access to some areas, how can it be access all areas? Could I legally sue them? haha It took me about a year to figure out what AAA actually meant.....

I love it when we win, crossing fingers for the 6th! If they do win the Norwegian finale, it could put Norway in a great position in the Eurovision, as that might give the lovely British dudes and dudettes an excuse to vote for Norway, and all lovers of all things Norwegian and English around Europe could all unite in a vote fest for a1 to win for Norway... or something like that... haha. Should be great fun either way!

Managed to capture some pictures while i was there this weekend, so wanted to share a few of those with you of course. I loved the military type styling of the boys, and made it even funner to take my camera out. My long lense came to good use again. I'm really starting to like this gig photography thing!

A1 performs "Don't Wanna Lose You Again"

A1 performs "Don't Wanna Lose You Again"

A1 performs "Don't Wanna Lose You Again"

18 comments:

nevrothwen said...

Ice cream is for all weather, duh!

Love the photos you took, and yay for a1! It was so exciting seeing them win :-)

Puricha said...

Nice Pictures :D
Those clothes really suits them.

Congratulations!
a1 in semi finale.
a1 #1 on iTunes (Norway).
PERFECT!!

Cecilie Harris said...

nevrothwen, I'm starting to think the icecream idea can only be quite genius myself. Thanks, glad you enjoyed the photos :)

Puricha, thanks a lot, I think the clothes looked great too!

Nina Krogstad said...

well, you definatly have an eye for concert photos=) they can be tricky, but yours always comes out amazing.
The boys were amazing as always!

Ida said...

Is kan man spise uansett vær =) Hehe. Kjempe fine bilder du tok! Og veldig gøy at a1 er videre. Tror de kan klare det i den Norske finalen også. Er den klart beste sangen! =)

Cecilie Harris said...

Nina, thanks a lot! And yes they were :)

Ida, tusen takk for det :). Jeg har bare hoert a1's og Didrik's sang, saa maa hoere paa de andre foer jeg har faatt med meg hvordan de andre sangene er. Men selvsagt, det skal jo stemmes paa a1! Haaper selvsagt de gaar videre til den internasjonale finalen, det hadde vaert raabra:)

Ana said...

Works for me, I can handle lots of A1-ish!
Funny that about Chris cos I also love eat ice creams no matter what weather! I've been eating some these days, think it makes me happier wishing the summer to comeback !
Couldn't agree more with you! I think when they broke up, few years ago they left with something special and now they are with this amazing grown up sound better and better!
ahah, omG, why didnt they give you the AAA pass? maybe some security fetish...
It will be so good if they pass to the European Final and so me and all my family will be able to vote too!!
The boys' clothes were just outstanding !
And your photos are utroling (one of th few words i managed to learn) as always, think they are something imperative into these moments.

CAPow! said...

those are beautiful photos!

Cecilie Harris said...

Ana, Glad you like the photos. I had full access, but don't think they do AAA in Norway. Maybe that's more of a UK thing :). Would love to see them in the European finale as well so all the non Norwegian people could vote too.

CaPow, thanks a lot :)

Lee said...

Their costumes remind me of My Chemical Romance, Welcome To The Black parade... heheheh congrats to them!!!

Miri said...

Awesome photos!

Cecilie Harris said...

Lee, yes, I just googled them and saw an image of them with military style jackets. Nice :)

Thanks Miri!

Katrine said...

Such amazing pictures! I really like the one of Mark, he looks SO confident in it!

And I must say I envy you for walking around the place with that pass :D sounds like fun!

Katrine said...

SV: Åh jeg trodde du var der? Ja jeg merket når jeg så på Nrk nett at de ikke hadde lagt ut begge sangene fra a1! Litt dumt det der... Takk for hyggelig kommentar :)

Cecilie Harris said...

Thanks a lot Katrine. I love that picture of Mark as well. Very militant. The backstage thing is not as glamorous as it sounds when you see me sitting on the floor on a bunch of cables with little light tweeting :)

Var paa MGP, men ikke Haiti konsert. Da var jeg allerede tilbake til London igjen.

Anonymous said...

真正的朋友不會把友誼掛在嘴巴上..................................................

Alexander Bujak said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Irene Sandmoen said...

You are a good photograper Cecilie :D
The pictures are really good :)