Wednesday, 10 February 2010

End of month check....

Right, I set out the year to be structured and ambitious about things, so thought I'd check in (as January seems to have gone already) on how I'm doing with my plans and new year resolutions.

So far these resolutions have been going particularly well:

* Share useful information on Twitter - Tick. Definitely sharing more stuff trying to be helpful or share inspiration

* Take awesome pictures of the a1 boys - Tick. Took some awesome shots during their Melodi Grand Prix performance in January

* Update my website and blog more regularly - Tick. Have been blogging 2-3 times a week

* Make time to read other people's blogs - Tick. After I signed up to Bloglovin, I am reading other people's blogs on a daily basis pending on time and commenting

* See a musical in the West end - Tick. Went to see Legally Blonde, which was awesome!

For February I've been able to set aside some time for shooting fashion again and also model portfolios, so looking forward to use my 5D for those shoots. Plus I bought a beauty dish! (Thanks to my good friend Jay Mclaughlin) Ooh the excitement for using it.......

I also became a year older and had a lovely celebration (reminds me there are some drunken picture somewhere. Not sure they're blogging material haha). I do have some thoughts and questions around social networking and birthdays, that maybe you guys can help me give your thoughts on. So I got 190 comments on Facebook/Twitter wishing me happy birthday (keeping mobile texts out of this). I had 5 phone calls. I had 1 gift on the day. So what's up with that? So does my 190 congratulations say anything about how popular I am and how many people care about me? Or is it just how times have changed with social networking taking over from traditional patterns? I'd be curious to know if it's just me that hardly spoke to anyone on my birthday just because it was a Wednesday. Anyways, the Saturday celebration was absolutely lovely. Drunken pictures may or may not appear :)

7 comments:

Purple Apple Studios said...

Very impressive and organised!

I can vouch and say its the only way to get things done...make lists and goals and check back on it every now and then. Especially if you work for yourself as freelancer. Its easy to let things slip!

hmmm...beauty dish....still need to get one myself... :)

Irene Sandmoen said...

It seems like you had a great birthday and that you have been bussy with photograping :D

Cecilie Harris said...

Purple Apple Studios - crossing fingers I can keep it up this year, so far so good :)

Irene - yes had a lovely birthday in the end. Have got lots of shoots lined up for February, so keep an eye out :)

Jessica Williamsen said...

I will admit, I was a bit of a skeptic when I saw you loooong list of resolutions! But now it looks like you'll be done in on a few months... what will you do with the rest of your year?! :)

Cecilie Harris said...

I have a feeling some of my resolutions are a bit more tricky than others. For instance "falling in love". Which may take a bit more time, so I have a feeling I'll have no trouble filling my year with goal orientated activities :)

AnetteBP said...

I always say happy birthday to the people I care about ;) Even thou I havnt met you yet, you seem like a really sweet and nice person, and I would really like to met you one time. Over to the question, I do believe its easier to met new people and to have a bigger ''friendbase'' then before facebook and also twitter. Like when my mom were young, they didnt have those things, and she is amazed by the fact that I can talk to other people in different countries, that I havnt actually met. And I think thats really interesting and fun! You meet all kind of people, and you can update yourself on what they are doing. Long answer, but thats my point of view on thats case ;)
And I really like like the plan in february with the 5D and models ;) Cant wait for the pictures!!

Cecilie Harris said...

Anette, lots of stuff planned for February, so keep an eye out for future blogs :)