Wednesday, 24 February 2010

A photography challenge for photographers

After a discussion on Twitter this morning with fellow photographers I thought a bit of a post processing challenge might be quite fun. When I asked the question on Twitter how to process one of my images for an interesting effect, I got loads of responses, suggestions and willingness to help. I don't do a lot of cross-processing, but wanted to add a bit of a dreamy/romantic effect. I love Twitter :)

Also, it got me thinking that each photographer really has their own style of processing their images. Everyone has different techniques that makes their work stand out. I've been told that people can recognise my images just by looking at them. I haven't been able to put the finger on exactly why, but I see the same with other photographers. You look at an image and can often tell who's work it might be.

So I thought it would be interesting to see how different photographer might deal with the on the same image! How do we see potential in an image and how do we put our mark on it? So this is what I'm thinking......

* I have an unedited image of a couple I took recently (see below)
* Any photographers who's up for the challenge let me know and I will email the high resolution version to you
* I'll post results I get back here with a link to your website so people can check out the rest of your work
* Play around, have fun, add effects, don't add effects - do with it how you think it would represent you and your style



Friends, peers and photographers dudes and dudettes, gather around and get involved in this little challenge. Contributions will be displayed on the blog to showcase how differently we might approach an image.

14 comments:

Stine said...

SWEET! Sounds like fun! x

Cecilie Harris said...

Message me your email address if you want to join in on the challenge Stine :)

Nina Krogstad said...

That sound very interesting =) Count me in!

Nick Haigh said...

yep! count me in! ;o)

Cecilie Harris said...

Great stuff Nina and Nick! Ping me an email (cecilienh@hotmail.co.uk) and I'll send you what you need to get going :)

Drea said...

I´m in! :D Great challenge!

martine said...

i'm in! I don't know if you can count me as a photographer, but I'm surtenly a hobby photographer!

Cecilie Harris said...

Drea, got your email so have sent you image.

Martine, you're welcome to give it a go, just let me know your email so I can send you the files :)

Jessica Williamsen said...

I'd like to give it a try too! :) email: jpwilliamsen@gmail.com

Cecilie Harris said...

You've got mail Jessica :)

Sylvia said...

I would love to give it a go.
Could you send me the photo as well?

Cecilie Harris said...

Just emailed it over to you Sylvia :)

Purple Apple Studios said...

I thought I might not have time....but I can't resist :) Please email it over to me - I just emailed you :)

Cecilie Harris said...

That's with you now Eddette :)