Tuesday, 16 February 2010

Shooting with Miss Sara

Valentines day came and went, and I hadn't even shaved in places that needs shaving... Needless to say I was one of many that didn't have a date on Valentines. BUT, I did have a great time. I spent the day photographing couples to capture the spirit of romance, so will soon be putting together a video showcasing those images. I also had drinks with friends, so it ended up being quite a lovely day.

The Valentines shoot wasn't the only shoot I did over the weekend. I also did a fashion editorial and a shoot with Sara Skjoldnes (aka Miss Norway). The first images I wanted to share with you are some of my images of Sara.

What I wanted to do for this shoot was to do some urban street style black and white images, which I thought would be a less obvious way to shoot Sara. She is such a beauty, which makes me want to bring in a roughness to contrast it. We pretty much hit the streets early morning, found a street corner and got shooting. Sara was such a pleasure to shoot. She also reminded me of a young Claudia Schiffer, so I'm excited to see where her modeling career will take her. Really pleased with the results we got! I love working with big fashion teams, but sometimes being just you and the model brings awesome results as well.

Sara Skjoldnes

Sara Skjoldnes

Sara Skjoldnes

Sara Skjoldnes

14 comments:

Sylvia said...

I love the third pic! Great setting and nice pose! Yeah she does look like a young Claudia Schiffer.

AnetteBP said...

Greats shots of Sara :) They are so great. But what could you expect when the model is beautiful and the photographer is brilliant? ;)

Cecilie Harris said...

thanks guys :)

sandra said...

wonderful as always Cecilie x

Cecilie Harris said...

Thanks for checking in as usual Sandra :)

Martine said...

Love the pictures! They are beautiful! and btw, I'll start commenting ;) Love to read your blog and look at your pictures! hugs

Phieffer said...

like the pic..your mofel was also pretty.....
im looking forward to see your other pic.....
happy valentine

xxx

Cecilie Harris said...

Thanks Martine and welcome to my blog world. You must be one of my Twitter followers where I was complaining earlier lol. It's so encouraging to get to interact more and hear people's thoughts :)

Thanks Phieffer, I'll be sure to blog about my Valentines shoot when done. Have a few things to do first, but have a great little plan of how I want the Valentines project to turn out!

irene said...

Nice pics. looking forward to your valentine pics!

Cecilie Harris said...

Thanks Irene, you are ever so kind :)

The Blogster said...

Love your work!

martine said...

i sure am, i love to follow what people do, specially when they are artists.. I do some painting, drawing and photoshop art myself, and i know how appreciated comments are! I'm thinking about starting my own blog with drawings and paintings and stuff, cause i'd like to show people what i love to do! And since i study something as boring as economics, i get a break from reality when i draw. So just to let you know, i'll be your fast follower from now on:-)

Cecilie Harris said...

Thanks Blogster :)

You should Martine! I've discovered it's a great outlet for creativity. I've got a couple of shoots I've done recently that I will be blogging about soon :)

Martine said...

ah! can't wait! :)