Thursday, 11 March 2010

Connor

It's about time I got some more boys on my portfolio. I tend to shoot women. I like the feminine element in a photo and how you can play with it to make it an interesting image. It makes it easy to tell a story. I want to explore and discover the same for boys, so I asked the lovely dudes and dudettes of Nevs modeling agency to send me some boys (I did ask very politely, not in a demandy kind of way). They sent me Conor.

Connor

Conor is the youngest model I have worked with. The shoot was booked last minute, so I didn't have a team behind me to do amazing things with hair and make-up. We were on our own. Just me, the boy and........ Battersea Park. As a photographer I love the challenge of being able to work wonders no matter what support you may or may not have with you on the day. As wonderful as it is to have others take away your worries in some areas so you can fully focus on the images, there is also something fun about a super simple scenario where you have to worry about all the elements.

Connor

Really pleased with the images, and feel I was able to tell a story with them the same way I like to work with female models. Happy I've got some more male images to add to my humble work of wonders :)

6 comments:

Adam Robertson Photography said...

what was the story you were trying to tell with this one? :D

Cecilie Harris said...

That's up to you to decide as the viewer of the photos Adam. It's not that I want to tell one specific story, just create images that could tell many stories pending on what the viewer sees.

Adam Robertson Photography said...

Ahhhh yeah, i get it now, your blog got my really curious as to if it's my male perception that finds it hard to see a story in a photo or the way in which my brain works.

I had a univerisy student study my photos for her final project and some of the reasons and comments she had about my photos were so weird and abstract, i mean they could have been about the photos but they were not what i was thinking whilst shooting it.

I just find it interesting how peoples brains identify meanings and things in photos.

gracey23 said...

he has an angelic face cecilie...and young..lol.
nice photo again..hope to see more of his pic...

Martine said...

I think it's nice to see a shoot of male models once in a while! Love the shoots:)

Cecilie Harris said...

Martine, yes it's nice to do shoot with some male models too. Really enjoyed this one :)