Monday, 15 March 2010

Home

Home is where you hang your hat they say. Which to me means that home is wherever you are at the moment. They also say that there's no place like home, which sort of means that it's lovely to travel around, but it's good to be back to your own stuff again when you finally get back home. So I'm slightly confused, but there you go. Maybe the saying should be "home is where you can be bothered to decorate"?

Many things can be said about Ben Adams and one of those things should be that the boy has taste! If you're looking for someone to give advise on what wallpaper or soap dispenser to get, then Ben is your guy (believe me, I once went shopping with Ben and came back with the lovliest soap dispenser and at a very good price as well).

Ben Adams

While Ben is away touring in Norway, I'm looking after his swanky London flat to make sure that 1) it doesn't burn down, 2) it doesn't get abducted by aliens or 3) it doesn't get invaded by three gypsy families redecorating his livingroom to match the colours of their favorite songs. I have recently checked on all of these, and so far all good.

To make all this traveling a bit easier for Ben and make sure he has something to put a smile on his face when missing home, I brought my camera around to capture little sneak peaks of home for him. Thought I'd share it with the world. Why not..... :)

13 comments:

Haldor said...

Brilliant idea :) Maybe I should try that around my own home, however its not as posh as this... :)

Cheers!

Ana Miranda said...

Nice Cecilie, the 1st thing that I saw when I got home 2night was this. Really looks pretty and attic.
And be careful with the aliens, you know what they say "aliens are around us" eheh. :)

Cecilie Harris said...

Haldor - a macro lense is your friend. Helps when you've got beautiful decor to point your camera at though :)

Glad you like Ana, thought I'd share something people might not know about Ben :)

AnetteBP said...

Love the clock! *sneak it of the wall and hid it in my bag* And I hope the aliens are nice to you ;) Hehe. Have you ever seen Men in black? And you can just take more pictures of Ben's flat, it looks amazing :)

Cecilie Harris said...

Who knows Anette, I might bring the camera around another time too :)

Cecilie said...

Look really beautiful & classy:-) Ben really got great taste which I kinda knew already....

Martine said...

I love decorating and I love interior, if the market for interior designers and decorators wasn't so bad in Norway, that would be my first pick of education! But I'm gonna quit economics and start to get an education of web design.. I love all the elements you took pictures of! the style and colours are really consistent :) thanks for sharing! :)

gracey23 said...

ben was a bot unique in his home decoration....hmmm..few man can have that taste..
BTW..since fathers day was coming i was hoping you will made a new photos of a fathers model cecilie..im sure it would be great!!!

Cecilie Harris said...

Martine, sounds like wise move as you'll have an eye for that sort of thing with what I've seen from your blog.

Grace, I don't have anyone lined up to model for fathers day, but nice idea.

gracey23 said...

awwwww.....=(.im glad you appreciate it...too bad mothers day had passed...im sure you have moms model...

Agapantha said...

I saw the magazine article that Ben and his girlfriend did around their Fulham house - very nice! I like your pictures too, they seem very intimate somehow - lovely!!

Lene J said...

What a great taste Ben has! :) Love it!

Cecilie Harris said...

Thanks Agapantha, glad you like. And I guess because they're close ups or details it makes them quite intimate.

He sure has Lene :)