Sunday, 4 April 2010

Behind the scenes video from my shoot with Emily & Lucy

Must tell you about my most recent shoot which I'm editing at the moment.

The story starts like this..... model calls half an hour before shoot is due to say she is in hospital and can't make shoot. Make-up artist is already just two minutes away from mine. Make-up artist and myself are disappointed and head to the my fave bar The Lost Angel on Battersea Park Road to drink our disappointment away. We opt for the "to die for"-raspberry Mojitos. Inspiration strikes and we come up with fab plans for another shoot. I make some calls and three days later we have fab team plus fab location to shoot at. Disappointment turns into one of my fave shoots ever!

I'm definitely one to try to turn any bad situation into a positive, so that's what I tried to do here. I wanted to shoot a classic and beautiful style scenario inspired by a Chanel vibe, and at the same time have a cool edge to the images. Having the fabulous models Emily Andrews and Lucy Jaques from Nevs, they had just the looks I had in mind. In addition I had Gabriella Ciullo to do hair and make-up, Annie Faryia to help with styling and Jason Goddard to assist on the day. One of those things must be said that a good team has such a big impact on the end result. Wonderful work from all involved on the day.

Also must say a special thanks to the lovely people at The Lost Angel who let us shoot at their wonderful location. You guys totally rock and I'll definitely continue to be back from those raspberry mojitos. Yum!

Jason and Gabriella captured some behind the scenes footage during the shoot with my Flip cam, so before I've got more pictures to share with you here's a video to enjoy in the meantime.

7 comments:

Purple Apple Studios said...

Loving this C! Can't wait for the images....

Cecilie Harris said...

Thanks E, will be sure to blog them out when ready. Hope all is well with you and happy easter :) x

Jessica Williamsen said...

liking the video!! very nice. also, the new header image is great! very refreshing! you are on a roll with your blog! :)

Cecilie Harris said...

Thanks Jess! I've been blog inspired lately. Got so many ideas. Also included a new name for the blog. Like to keep it fresh :)

Martine said...

Nice video! It's fun to see what's happening behind the scenes:)

shp photography said...

Hi Cecilie! I love your blog, I was wondering what size your beauty dish is?
I am thiking of buying one but I no nothing about studio lighting...

Cecilie Harris said...

Hey thanks :). I haven't measured it, but I'd guess it's around 30-40 cm or a bit more something like that.