Monday, 5 April 2010

Gatecrashing Ruan's shoot with Simon

What do I do for fun you say? If I'm not hard at work myself I gatecrash my friends shoots!

I recently gatecrashed my friend Ruan's shoot (aka RVDS Photography) with Simon Jennings from D1. Those of you who are regular readers of my blog or follow my work will know that I have done two shoots with Simon before. He's my little muse, and an awesome model. Rebecca Fletcher did hair and make-up for the day.

Anyways. Ruan is a fab photographer, and let me hang for the day and play around with my still quite new 5D camera. Made such a difference to move from my 40D. I wanted to use the video function more, so thought I'd capture a behind the scenes video of the shoot. The quality of the video on the 5D is amazing, so was fun to play around with it and put together this little video.

I let Ruan play with my 5D during the shoot, which at that point he looked like he was experiencing Christmas and birthday at the same time. I admire Ruan's work a lot, so feel free to check out his website to see more of his stuff. Also including some of his images from the shoot in the video and this blog. In addition I have begged him to do a guest blog spot on my blog, so crossing fingers he'll get around to that in not to long :)


Photobucket

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats a great shot!

Sophie Ellen Photography said...

You can gatecrash one of my shoots and do a video if you want! =)

Cecilie Harris said...

Sophie Ellen, if you take me to one of those fab derelict locations you go to, I'd definitely be up for a collaboration if you're interested :)

Anonymous said...

the video is great my favorite is the images with the tartan jacket.

miss_vogue said...

amazing work! love love your blog.

Cecilie Harris said...

Many thanks Miss Vogue :)

Martine said...

I'm looking at his portfolioes, his got some really nice photos! And I love yours to, ofcourse! :D

Cecilie Harris said...

Ruan's work is great. I hope to have him do a guest spot on my blog in not too long :)

Anonymous said...

hes gorgeous