Tuesday, 25 May 2010

Amongst fairies and opera heroines

I recently had the pleasure of doing a photoshoot with the English Touring Opera.

English Touring Opera takes their productions to a variety of locations across England, with known opera's such as "A Midsummer Night's Dream", "Don Pasquale" and "The Marriage of Figaro".

Shooting for their Spring season next year, I was so excited to work with this talented and lovely group of people. When you're taken into a huge warehouse of opera goodies and get to point and pick what to include in the shoot, you know it will be a good one.

Photobucket


Working with a big group of singers in extravagant costumes was inspiring, and everyone got into the vibe of what we were trying to capture. There were singers, props, costumes and crew everywhere in a wonderful chaos. I did manage to trick a few of them into singing a bit for me whilst shooting, getting a special preview of the evening performance. Nice!


And even though I wasn't able to steal with me any of the super cool props home, I was still happy to have captured some images of them all. Looking forward to it coming together on the final poster.


You can find out more about English Touring Opera on their Website, Facebook and Twitter.

2 comments:

Rik Irons-Mclean said...

Good stuff - looking forward to seeing the pictures. You get to shoot the best stuff - next time you have a free space to join you let me know :-)))))) (yes I'm cheeky!)

Cecilie Harris said...

This was definitely a job I was happy shooting! Sure, I'm always in need of people to assist, so will let you know when I next need someone :)