Monday, 10 May 2010

The social networking effect

When it comes to status updates on Facebook and Twitter, this is the sad reality of what kind of status updates people seem to be responding to. This very scientific analysis I'd like to call "The social networking effect".....

This is how the wonderful world of Facebook and Twitter responds:

Photobucket


So for anyone building a social networking business plan, I totally recommend including status updates about sausages and Justin Bieber. It gets people talking :P


Note. This does not apply to blogs so much

10 comments:

RVDS said...

Imagine if you had to tweet about Justin Bieber having sausages for lunch!

RVDS said...

AT THE GYM! 85% covered! :D

Adam Robertson Photography said...

hahahaha it all makes sense now, i'm off to post about sausages now ;)

Cecilie Harris said...

Ruan - what a wonderful idea, howcome I didn't think of that!? haha

Adam - there is obviously a lot to learn still about social networking. I shall continue this very scientific analysis and provide further tips :P

Steffe said...

That is one of the reasons I don't use those sites.

Stine said...

HAHA! This made me giggle! x

Cecilie Harris said...

Steffe - having noted this, in addition I do actually get a lot of photography work from the same sites and lots of views, so it's not just useless banter that's happening. People just seem to engage more when things get posted they find is funny. They'll still view more serious stuff :)

Evy said...

I'll totally start tweeting about Justin Bieber. Who is he anyway?

Cecilie Harris said...

haha he's a 16 year old singer who people either love or hate. I tried to combine my Justin Bieber and sausage tweet yesterday... that totally worked too :)

Ana Miranda said...

HAHA! OMG, is really true that people update the most about sausage??And that combined with Justin...we are really in a world ruled by Biebers! What's next? Dogs with twitter? oh, wait.... I've seen that already! :)