Tuesday, 8 June 2010

The Beauty Equation

Wanted to share a few more images from one of my recent beauty shoots. As a photographer my main inspiration for shooting at all is capturing beauty in one way or another.

But what is beauty? Nigel Barker, a photographer I greatly admire, is asking questions about beauty these days in his project called the Beauty Equation. Beauty to me is more than just a beautiful face. It's a beautiful soul, beautiful eyes, gorgous lips, nice legs, a charming smile and a good heart. I could continue, but you get my drift. Beauty is all around us, and it's up to us to find it and see the beauty in it.

Hayley McCourt


Any model, musician or other person I shoot, I try to find their inner beauty and bring that out in a photo. I talk to the person I'm shooting, try to find out a bit more about them and then bring out of them what I find beautiful and interesting in the photo.


Beauty is an interesting thing, and everyone will have their own take on it. I like the search, and I like sometimes seeing what others might not see and capture that.


Hayley that is showcased in these images is of course stunning and would look good in a trash bag lol. But I would like to find more of her girly side, so hopefully I should be able to do that in not too long :)


Hayley McCourt


Model: Hayley McCourt (BMA Models)

Hair & Make-up: Samantha Hosker

5 comments:

RVDS said...

Love the b&w image on the left!!!

Cecilie Harris said...

That's my fave as well, and I think hers too :)

Hannah Bacalla said...

The model's face is just perfect!:)

Cecilie Harris said...

Indeed, needless to say she was easy to photograph :)

pearly said...

gorgeous shots