Saturday, 13 November 2010

Influencers

What inspires you?
Are you an influencer?
Are you helping to set new trends?
Are you inspiring someone else?

These are some of the things on my mind at the moment. In a previous post I talked about muses and what inspires me, and after looking at it from a perspective on who and what inspires me, the next thing on my mind is who can I inspire.

Whether you are a photographer, a model, a make-up artist or a stylist etc.- why do we do what we do? Is it to become rich, famous, get recognition, see our pictures in a magazine - or is it because we are passionate about something that we want to share with as many people as possible. For many it's probably a few of those things. But I do think that the more passion is involved, the more of a chance you will have to make an impact on others. I think as long as you can inspire even just a few people, then it has somehow been worth it.

Alex sent me this video the other day and told me watch it, so thought I'd share it with you as well.


One of the quotes from this video says that "when you get to a certain place, you must help identify other talent and be the influencer of someone else". I really think if you're a true influencer, that's how you will truly be able to set new trends.

It's an exciting time to be involved in photography and fashion. Through the internet and blogging, twitter, facebook etc. we can all easily express ourselves. Through our passions we can help set new trends and influence others.

As the movie asks; who's gonna be the new icons of this era? Time will tell. But in the meantime, have fun, be inspired, help influence others and try to make your impact.

No comments: