Tuesday, 3 January 2012

Closer to Matthew Bell

Matthew Bell at Elite has been a busy bee after he started modelling, winning Elite Model Look 2011 earlier this year. I've had the pleasure of shooting him a few times now already and he is definitely turning into one of my new muses. Matthew has that special little something that you can't teach someone, and he commits fully to the shoot and connects in quite a rare way with what you as a photographer is trying to do.

This time I shot him for our Boys by Girls book Closer, and this shoot in particular was special as it was all about capturing the core of Matthew. One of his passions is music, which we manage to incorporate subtly, and hopefully I also manage to capture and share my view of why he is so unique in his series of images in the book. As Matthew says "A tree challenge is the holy grail of challenges", and during our shoot we manage to find a tree that made us both ridiculously happy. How he got up there I have no clue. But I adore him a little more for doing so.

Click here for book preview on Matthew's story.
You can buy the book here.

Closer to Matthew Bell

No comments: