Sunday, 12 February 2012

Man with big beard

A man with a big beard recently emailed me with some kind words. With his poetic ways he highlighted something I have had on my mind lately; youth is invaluable. And although we should always welcome the child inside that we should allow to live on forever, whilst we let him play alongside with the adult the world wants us to be - capturing those precious moments of youth is invaluable. I realise this is exactly what I have been doing for a while. I hope followers of my photography are able to connect with my images, and see this as a reoccurring theme in my work.

As the man with the big beard said: "...those moments in time are worlds unto themselves. Valuable, precious life experience that I am glad the subject has you to care for. In all, as you afford me the luxury of this wonderful checkpoint enroute to the golden years, a caution to your subjects to hold onto that question and never loose the wonder of the child."

He then gave me a big bear virtual hug. It felt good.

1 comment:

Jose Pablo Anleu said...

this came to me in the most perfect timing. thank you