Saturday, 5 January 2013

Home

I went home for Christmas. It had been a year since last time. Norway looked just about the same (although the names of some shops were different and the snow levels weren't as I had hoped for the holiday). Other than that, pretty much the same.

Have you ever been at that place when what used to be home, doesn't feel quite like home any more? It's an odd feeling. Is home where you were born, where your family is, where your work and friends are or simply wherever you hang your hat? This is things I'm pondering on going into the new year. Don't get me wrong, it was wonderful to see peeps at home! It's more that feeling of home if you know what I mean. I am sure that this year I will figure things out. Although I am starting to think that we won't ever really figure everything out. Some things will always be a bit of a mystery. It's the journey that matters.

I enjoyed many moments whilst being home for two weeks in Stavanger, Norway; The endless home made Christmas cookies, Norwegian hot chocolate, my brothers sofa and kitchen island, all the potential shoot locations, the 5 minutes of snow, new documentary series addictions and seeing people I hadn't seen for ages. In addition I took the opportunity to capture a few images while I was there. I wanted to explore the even younger generation and their world a bit, so pointed my camera at some of the youngest people in my family - Lasse and Ole. Thought I'd share a couple of images below from my chill time at home with my family. Sort of a continuation of my work, just going to the younger generation.

Feeling very relaxed after my holidays, which was much needed. At the moment home is London and little things make me happy. Like discovering that I have chocolate in the fridge when I didn't think I had. My interns laughing at my bad jokes just the appropriate amount. Pointing my camera at inspiring and amazing people. Going for walks with Riina and figuring out all the wrongs and rights in this world (including pointing judging fingers at people in reality shows). Spending time on my balcony. Wishing I had a white, long haired cat. Making yummy noises at perfect images. Looking at my latest Boys by Girls issue "A Place Called Youth". Getting someone to close their eyes because I said so. Laughing at Ben's jokes. Seeing new designer collections before "normal" people. Having too much sugar in my tea. Running after random good looking dudes in the street cause it's my "part of my work". Eating popcorn at the cinema. Listening to a new song obsession too many times.

Yes, it's good to be back, and I'm so excited to get started on what lies ahead. 2012 ended amazing, so I am full of hope and excitement, and crossing fingers this year will be super good.

Kids - Lasse

Kids - Ole

No comments: